Thursday, July 3, 2008

Soul Mate

They say I shan't look,
Soulmates come at the perfect opportune time.
I waited in vain,
Falling in love hoping it was you.

Mistaken, I continued to believe in you,
Believing that I just haven't found you yet.
All the pain I had to go through,
Wanted me to realize that maybe you weren't real.

I was born to believe in soulmates,
One who will love you despite and inspite of.
I always thought I have met the one,
Only to feel otherwise.

I invested too much time and love
On someone who was never mine.
I looked too far, and too hard,
Forgetting that maybe you were just near.

Soulmates they say are angels,
Angels who are tasked to bring light.
On a cloudy and gloomy day,
And to stay forever.

You came at my darkest hour,
I never believed it at first.
But you held on,
Comforted me through my ordeal.

You were more than just an angel,
You went beyond what I had expected of you.
You gave me every reason to smile,
To believe that soulmates do exist.

No comments: